Newquay Velo Club Meeting – 9th Oct 2017
Newquay Tretherras School -7pm
Attending : Les Richardson, Lol McKune, Jax Lilly, Theresa Frost, Richard Walton, Simon Karande, Xavier Gotel, Rob Brown, Nick Saunders, Colette Clements, Jen Code, Sandy Chapman (SCh).
Apologies: Dave Wrighting, Adrian Cayton-Smith.
1) Affiliation to Academy Fitness.
2) Outstanding Funding concerns, membership fee, kit etc
3) Resignation of Club Captain,
4) Group Ride leaders – discussion
5) Group ride safety protocols -discussion
6) Introductory Ride initiative to boost membership -up-date
7) Club web-site & Facebook pages -up-date
8) Xmas “get together” discussion.
Notes Arising from meeting.
1) Affiliation with Academy Fitness was agreed unanimously, SCh to confirm with Simon Barnes (AF) and seek up-dated affiliation document to reflect revised fee of £50 for our 1st year of affiliation. Les will sign and pay fee on behalf of Club. Recent cyclo-cross event run be AF and supported by Newquay Velo volunteers was a success. It was also agreed to move Sunday ride starts from the current venue to the entrance of AF next to gym; this should provide easier access to facilities and a shelter.
2) Outstanding funding concerns were discussed, agreed to “encourage” regular Sunday riders to pay outstanding membership fees; if refusal to pay continued these riders would be contacted and informed they could no longer ride as part of a Club activity. Outstanding kit – Lol to make another attempt to contact Zennor and establish an improved understanding of how we can best proceed with future orders. Club members with kit but have yet to pay for them are asked to return items to a committee member or provide payment asap.
3) Resignation of Club Captain, meeting was sad to hear of Adrian Cayton-Smith’s request to step down from role of Club Captain; meeting expressed gratitude for Adrian’s support and input since taking up the role in April. Rob Brown has agreed to step in, on a temporary basis, until Jan 2018.
4) Group Ride Leaders. Group 1 – Rob Brown, Group 2 – Route Rob Brown / Lol McKune , on road –“informal rider sub committee” Group 3 – Rota basis to be trialled until end of the year. Xav, Les, Richard, Simon.
Introductory Ride –(2nd Sunday each month) -Sandy
5) Group ride safety, and absence of riding protocols etc discussed. Rob B & Jen C to arrange a group ride training session on old A 30 one Saturday pm in near future. This event will be posted on FaceBook page
6) Introductory Ride – 2nd Sunday each month, meet 8;45am for 9am depart. 15-18 mile flat(ish) route; aimed at providing a supportive ride for newcomers and then encouragement to step up to Group 3 and join Club.
7) Club web-site has improved considerably since Dave Wrighting reviewed and up-dated the contents; meeting expressed thanks to Dave for his efforts to date. Meeting keen to see if training video links (like Global Cycle Network) could be added to the web-site to encourage members to access. Concerns over FaceBook pages continue and meeting hopes that Dave can also improve our FaceBook presence as he has done to our web pages.
8) Suitable venue for a Xmas “do” were discussed; possible dates 8th or 15th Dec; Lol to investigate potential venues that offer a conducive atmosphere !!
9) Meeting closed at 8:50pm.